We are often called to look at properties that are owned or prospective property owners, over options that could be available to either extend, convert, rebuild or refurbish. Sometimes it is difficult to see the potential of what could be carried out, which is where we can provide assistance. We can provide advice from a construction, planning and building regulation point of view as well as assist with budget costing the building work.
There are also occasions when we are asked to look at the development potential of a site, where we can provide schematic designs, budget costs, as well guidance on the potential return from the site.
We can provide a plan over how to proceed with the project, which may consist of preparing scale drawings of the property, advising on any other consultants that may be required as part of the project and discussing the approach that will be required with the planning and building regulation process.
Generally a feasibility service can include:
- Ascertaining client brief
- Inspecting property/site and discuss potential options
- Prepare draft proposals
- Prepare budget costings for building work
- Assess any impact the proposal may have with Planning and Building Regulation
- Assess any other legal issues such as Party Wall etc Act 1996
- Prepare outline planning applications.