Planning and Listed Building Applications

We can advise on what planning implications could be imposed onto a property for the proposed works.  In various situations, properties have a permitted development right to extend or convert their property without submitting a planning application.

Permitted development can be given for works ranging from a garage conversion through to a loft conversion.  However, in all circumstances, we advise that a Certificate Of Lawful Development application is submitted to the Local Authority to provide the appropriate paperwork to confirm the permitted development.

We are happy to advise on your rights and also refer you to

If permitted development is not possible, most other applications will require a  Planning submission.  In these circumstances, we will advise on any potential problems with the proposal and what may need to be considered.

As part of this, we will also try to liaise with the Planning Department through the submission process to try and avoid potential issues.

If you are in a Listed Building, Conservation Area, National Park or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty there can be other restrictions that will apply to your building.  We will work with you and the Local Authority to obtain consent.

In certain circumstances a specialist planning consultant will be required.  In these situations will advise accordingly and can recommend a consultant to work alongside us and you to prepare and submit a scheme.